Autumnal Update

Hello everyone!

You'll probably not be surprised to hear that I'm still doing my daily walks for Cancer Research, and a lot has happened since my last update.

I'm still simulating the 84 mile Hadrians Wall Path, at a mile per day, at the Prudhoe Riverside Country Park. Now I've completed the 84 miles East to West Walk and I'm now retracing my steps on the virtual return journey. I am currently fifty odd miles into that return journey, from Bowness-on-Solway to Wallsend. 

I celebrated the completion of my first 84 miles Path Walk with a memorable party with family and friends,  at the Prudhoe Riverside, on the 5th September.





I was presented with a commemorative framed certificate and giant cheque by Sam Moralee of Cancer Research UK on the 27 September at the Caffe Ginevra Coffee Shop in Low Prudhoe - which is now a favourite refreshment stop for me - I'd recommend their Lattes and Paninis.

When I learned of the Cancer Road Show scheduled visit at Hexham Market Place on the 26th October I thought I’d visit to help raise awareness of this dreadful decease and possibly publicise my endeavours. 
The stand was well presented and very informative, with several lovely nurses on hand to answer questions.


I took a break for lunch and bravely visited our favourite eating place the  ‘Small World Cafe’  for lunch, the first time I had done so since loosing my darling Ann over two years ago.

Thanks so much to everyone who has supported me with kind words of encouragement, a cheery wave, sponsorship and cake. Your support means the world to me and I'm so grateful.

We've raised a tremendous £1866.72 for Cancer Research UK and my sponsorship page is still open, you can find it by clicking here.

Love from 

Big G 

X


Comments