Connectivity

I thought I'd invented a new word for the title of this blog post but it turns out that it's already in usage!

Anyway - I just wanted to share a reflection.

I attend a Lip Reading Class on Zoom and our teacher Annabel Caiger goes to great lengths to introduce topics of interest in her classes.

Recently Annabel did a feature on Sutton Hoo, the Saxon Burial Site located near Woodbridge in Suffolk, a site which Ann and I had previously visited. The Film “The Dig” recently released on Netflix covers the story.


Imagine my surprise when later that week, my son Ross, sent me an article in The Guardian comparing a site in Northumberland, named Ad Gefrin, near Wooler, with Sutton Hoo. [You can find out more about Ad Gefrin here].


In 2005 I was a Member of Fans, (Friends of Archaeology in Northumberland ). This involved guided tours of many sites of interest in Northumberland. Guess what, one of our first visits was to the Ad Gefrin Saxon Palace Site and Yeavering Bell.

How’s that for connectivity, I think  a longer Blog is called for!

Watch this space,
from Big G
(An Ancient Brit)

Comments